Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Realization

So tonight I think I finally came to terms with something that sucks, but it's part of life. Someone very close to me who has been like a sister to me for a long time, has gotten to the point in her life where her big sis is no longer as important as she used to be. That big sis would be me. I have now taken my spot on the back burner, as that reserve that she knows she will always be able to count on, but is no longer a main role in her life. It hurts and it sucks, but like I said, I knew it was coming. The worst part about it is that I am no longer looked up to, but seen as someone who will be there no matter what so the way I get treated doesnt matter because I will be there regardless. I know this, and Im okay with it. She's too caught up in her own life to worry about me. Her boyfriend and other things have taken their place as front runners. Maybe one day, when she matures a bit, she will realize that those things are very important, yes, but friends and family and "sisters" are things you should always value and treat as such. But, we are all human. I went through that stage where my man was more important than anything on earth, and I didnt think about anything or anyone but him. But, I am to the point in my life where I can more or less compartmentalize the different areas of my life, so I can value everything and everyone as much as they deserve. I love and value my fiance more than anything. I love and value my family more than anything. I love and value the person I am talking about in this more than anything. All in their own compartmentalized areas, of course. To me, this has shown to be the best way to balance my priorities, and keep myself in check. And, has proven the most rewarding as far as how I am treated in return, for the most part anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment